Tuesday, March 3, 2009

John 21 4-6
Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.
He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?" "No," they answered. He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.


In John 21, their Lord had been crucified and Peter, along with some of the other disciples had gone back to fishing. This is what they knew best prior to Jesus’ ministry.

Sometimes we get impatient, waiting for something we know God has promised. We go back to what we were good at, only to find it’s just not the same.

When you have tried everything and when you have no options left. When you’ve fished all night and caught nothing.
When you say Jesus, I have nothing, it is in that place where we come to the end of ourselves and begin to discover Him.
Like the disciples, we too find Jesus waiting on the shore. Not only waiting but also with fish on the Grill.
Jesus is always waiting for us with just what we need-no matter where we’ve been, no matter what we’ve done.
What a good God we serve.
Are you Connecting people to the God that has a Great Plan for Their Lives?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that your talk at XL was really good, needed and well spoken. I am a recovering addict and people need to know that there is hope. I wasnt given any chance to live - not by the police not by my family not by the doctors - but I didnt give myself to Jesus and let him decide. Its only by his grace that I am typing this note. I thank you for your honesty and ability to reach those who struggle.

Anonymous said...

my friend I am glad you were there Sunday night and I am very thankful that by His grace you are stil here to be able to share your story. God can use you and your trials to reach a lost and dying world! Thank you for your comments and I look forward to meeting you someday- Always remember that His plan is way better than our plan for our lives as you know first hand. I am praying for you and thank God for you- I pray he develops your story into one that could help countless people and impact His Kingdom!! Let me know how I can be of further assistance to you-

Praise God!
Mark