Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life Church

My friends,

I am very excited to share with you that God has called me, and my family to serve on staff at Life Church in Rome GA-

This is a step that God has been preparing me for over the last few years.
I am so grateful first and foremost that God would choose to use me in such a way.

I am extremely grateful for one of my best friends in the world (Jarrod Roberts) for choosing to invest in me and guide me in my mistakes and oversights in the ministry and mentor me into a leader. He took the time to watch me go from selfish and un willing to giving it all to God and being prepared to be used. Gina and Craig have shared so much as well in the developing process and I count it a Joy to have been a part of the team. XL- I love you! I will continue to pray that God continues to bless and grow you!

For my family, Thank you for praying with me and for me. Thank you for confirming God's call in my (our) life. Thank you for your wisdom, endless praying, seeking of sound scripture and confirmation of God's calling.

This Sunday I will be teaching at Life Church and sharing from my heart on a subject that is very close to my heart and will be following the Spirit in His direction in a message of Hope for those "Far From God" as well encouraging "Christ Followers" that are ready to commit to Giving Life to those around them.

The mission of LIFE Church is to live life through a love relationship with God and to give life to others who haven't found it. Simply - living life and giving life.

Our mission is based on The Great Commandment:

Luke 10:25-28 (NASB)

And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying. "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit life? And He said to him, "What is written in the law? How does it read to you?" And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself." And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; Do this and you will live." (emphasis added)

This passage can be summarized like this:

Living Our Commitment To Christ Through Worship
Impacting Our Communities With Christ Through Life Groups
Fulfilling Our Calling in Christ Through Ministry
Engaging Our Culture For Christ Through Missional Living

See you Sunday-

Mark

2 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations Mark and Susan and family! We will be praying for all of you as God leads you on this next step in your journey of LIFE! How exciting!

Mark Floyd said...

Thank you Pam! We appreciate your prayers!!!